Forgotten Realms: Splendors & Shadow
The Adventurers’ Guild job post can be found in the guild’s main offices, and is duplicated in the Yawning Portal and other mercenary hang-outs; names and details aren’t posted, however, and posts can only be answered through the guild, by chartered members. Some contracts have particular requirements, such as a minimum guild ranking, a specific skill set, etc; others are open to anyone with a charter from the guild.
- The City Guard is looking for teams of adventurers to assist in sweeps of the sewers and the uppermost level of Undermountain. The contract would last about a week, paying 25 gold (=625 silver) to each party member upon completion; missions would consist of scouting, coordinated sweeps, and possible strikes into the lairs of more dangerous creatures.
- House Husteem needs someone to chase monsters from their family lands – bands of ogres and ettins have taken to raiding farms and villages in their lands, and Lord Husteem wants them rooted out before winter sets in and makes it nigh impossible to follow them into the wooded highlands that rim family lands. He offers 100 silver per head – making ettins worth 200, if both heads are recovered.
- The City Watch is offering bounties for the capture of the leaders of various gangs operating in the southern wards of the city. The bounties are halved for dead marks, and their identities must first be confirmed. Known gang leaders include Unther of the Red Fists, Rufus of the Skinny Puppies, and Yago of the Dockside Rats, worth 50 gold (=750 silver) each.
- Exotic Goods Bought – the Enchantress of Rainrun Street pays well for rare and exotic objects, tomes, substances, and specimens.
- Lost Cat! Angus, orange and white tabby, if found return to Mother Maia. [This one does not bear the seal of the Guild, which would usually prompt it being torn down at once, but for some reason it remains.]
- Grimald, Sage of the Underhalls, is looking for a team of reliable adventurers to assist in his archeological research of the clan of dwarves that built much of Undermountain.