Forgotten Realms: Splendors & Shadow
Signature Gear costs 1 point per $1,000 (or fraction thereof). Total the cost of all Signature Gear, round up to the nearest $1,000, and pay once. Some common Signature Gear items, and their point costs:
- A fine quality or balanced thrusting broadsword ($2,400 or $3,000, respectively) costs 3 points; a fine, balanced thrusting broadsword ($4,800) costs 5 points.
- A fine, balanced, dwarven axe ($900) costs 1 point.
- An Accuracy (plus 1 skill) or Puissance (plus 1 base damage) enchantment ($5,000 apiece) adds 5 points to the cost of a melee weapon; both enchantments add 10 points.
- A full suit of chainmail ($650) or a double mail hauberk ($660) costs 1 point; a full suit of heavy scale armor or a steel breastplate ($1,300 each) costs 2 points.
- A Fortify (plus 1 DR, $50) enchantment can be added to most armor without adding to the Signature Gear cost; a Fortify (plus 2 DR, $4,000) adds 4 points to the cost of any armor.
- A magic staff (B240 or Magic, p. 13; $50) costs 1 point.
- A powerstone (Magic, p. 20) with capacity of 7 ($1,000) costs 1 point;
capacity of 10 ($1,900) is 2 points;
capacity of 12 ($2,650) is 3 points;
capacity of 15 ($4,050) is 5 points;
capacity of 20 ($7,350) is 8 points.
(No powerstones with capacity over 20 are available to starting characters.)